Sunday, March 4, 2018

LATEST PURCHASES : Market Fair & Kmart


'Trent' Quilt Cover $14.00 | Double Bed Sheet set in White 225 count $30.00 | Pink Coffee tin $8 | Penguin Classics Mug $8

Picked up both of these coffee goodies at Market Fair. Both costed $8. Do you remember those Penguin mugs? I left mine at an old share house and never got it back so this is my new replacement 

I'm probably one of the most unashamed bargain hunters ever. I love luxe things as much as the next homewares and interiors blogger, but everyone, EVERYONE wants more for less. Every single time I go into my local Kmart, their homewares area expands just a bit bigger. When I found out that they do high thread count bedding, I knew it was the perfect time for me to investigate.

White or neutral bedding is my favourite. There's nothing more beautiful than decking out your sheets and quilt covers entirely in white

My attitude towards bedding is that they are clothes for your room. You have to change them, wash them and you can 'dress' your bed up in new colours and prints to suit your mood. Plus, you use them every day, just like real clothes. I had several choices when I visited Kmart today. I could get the 500 count sheets or the 225. I opted for the 225 because they didn't have plain white in the 500 series and the 225 is actually pretty excellent quality. The material feels satiny and smooth, a lot more luxurious than you'd expect.

I was into this grid pattern. The covers are also reversible, the other side is a charcoal grey for when the mood hits you 

The feel of the sheets is amazing for the ridiculously low price point. I must admit that I was dubious of it being possibly this good but I have pillow covers which are about the same thread count which I got from Sheridan for Christmas and they feel very similar. The feel of the quilt cover is pretty great as well but the star of the show really are the sheets. 

In the pack, you get a fitted sheet, a flat sheet and two pillow cases. If you sleep in a single bed like me ( I've been wanting a double bed but since I'm living with my parents right now and they already have a bed for me, I can't buy nor fit one anywhere ) you can just buy a double bed sheet to use and fold the excess length. This is handy if you want a certain colour way and there's nothing in your size.


Just what I want to see, a bottomless coffee tin ✌✌✌

I will never get sick of these! It's the never ending hipster in me 😆

Who remembers the craze that was these mugs years ago? I thought they were the coolest things ever made and bit the bullet and got one for $30. That wasn't easy as I had never paid for anything beyond $2 for a mug back then but they were just so amazing I had to do it. Today? I bought this one for a mere $8. The condition is barely used, close to being basically new. There's nothing better than actually, genuinely liking a trend and being able to buy it once it's discounted. Funnily enough, the previous weeks leading up to today I was getting all these weird psychic visions of this book and today it's the title of this mug. I swear all these weird premonition things always happen to me. 


I like how the font manages to give a modern twist to this otherwise very 50's coffee tin 

Our coffee tin was looking really ratched so I knew it was time for a new one. I chose this one for the colour and the font. There are always so many coffee tins to choose from at these antiquey shops but I knew this one was the right one. It's also massive which means coffee won't run out quickly, saving me time and effort from having to fill it back up again. Speaking of coffee, I recently bought one of those Keep Cups which I've yet to receive in the mail but will definitely do a post on it once it does arrive. 

I've been meaning to visit them for a long while, find out the details at their website here

Market fair is like Hunted and Waverley Antiques bazaar except its got more of a focus on 'makers' rather than antiques and vintage items. They do also offer antiques and vintage home wares though. The way the store was divided was exactly like Hunted and Waverley. Each stall belonged to the owner who ran it and they could decorate or VM the stall in any way they saw fit. The size of MF is smaller than Hunted and Waverley, but still a lot bigger than I expected. It's very out of the way for most people but if you ask me, you need to go out of the way to find the good stuff. 



How pretty are these earrings by Honey ginger toast? If you had caught me before my eternal quest to look older, I would have bought these in a heart beat. I just love glitter and sparkle and probably always will. I can't incorporate these without making me seem younger than I am though, but in my heart of hearts, I am wishing I could wear these! 

It was in really good condition and was shining out of the glass but I didn't get it

I stood by this Warhol print for about five minutes deliberating on whether I should get it or not. It was thirty dollars which is a steal but I was just hesitant and second guessing myself so I didn't buy it. I should probably compile a whole entry of the things I saw and didn't buy since there have been so many.

I'm excited to sleep in my new sheets tonight ( haha ) but tomorrow is a WHOLE day of writing, studying and working for the week ahead. My marketing certificate is getting more and more intense with assignments building up and the weeks just flying past like crazy. Hope you guys have an awesome week and see you soon in the next post

Y

2 comments:

  1. did you ever have flannel sheets??? i'm currently obsessed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I haven't! I've slept on them though and they are so good for winter ( which I think it is over where you're at? )

      Delete

Don't be shy ;-)