Tuesday, December 19, 2017

HUNTED ANTIQUES MARKET

Lakeland Design's stall at Hunted. One of my favourites there. They had many, many cushions and lots of soft furnishings too. Visit their website here 

Love elegantly shaped bathtubs such as this one

These have become quite popular in both secondhand and new stores. I bought one for my best friend a long time ago but then her cat knocked it over and it smashed 😭

Really beautiful folky piece that I considered purchasing. It's a leather covered bottle. Again, the very discerning shopper in me said no! 

I enjoyed my time so much at Waverley Antiques that I felt like I should visit one more that's ( kind of ) in my area ( I'm definitely going to cover brand new homewares and furniture in the near future so be sure to keep an eye out for features on that soon ). When I was at Waverley Antiques, I started chatting to a fellow shopper ( she collected Scandinavian ceramics ) who was in the same stall as me and she told me that there was another antiques market called ' Hunted ' ( website here ) that wasn't too far which was even larger than the Waverley one. I couldn't get there on that day so I went today

Hunted is actually smaller than Waverley antiques and it's further out in Kilsyth. The layout of the warehouse is a lot more stylised than Waverley. The stall owners put a lot more effort into creating themes and particular concepts for their stalls which is what I noticed straight away. There were a lot less clothes which was a bummer. As much as homewares are fast becoming my number one love, clothes still sit squarely up there. I actually bought some items at Hunted which I took some photos of below.

Very nice fur upholstered stool and a bargain at only around $145 ( I think... don't quote me! ) for a set of two. Someone needs to go and get these. If only they matched my house.  

I loved this. Someone with a nice wide hallway with chequered floors should look into this for sure. 

I got to thinking more about second hand items when I was there. As much as I love second hand stuff, I never want my whole house to look like an op shop. This is why I'm super discerning when it comes to picking out items at the second hand store. They can't be too vintage looking, which means super seventies styled items are ruled out. Same with retro styled clothes that are obviously from the 60's or 80's. The aim for me when I go second hand shopping is to leave with items that don't look like they're from there.

What you want to do when you go to second hand places is to look for things that are always expensive in new stores. This means cushions, textiles as well as furniture. Always aim to find items that could possibly be found in a new store. That way, you're getting something that's good quality, contemporary and people won't be able to tell that it was second hand. Of course, if you're into the whole retro vibe then by all means go for it. Knowing ones style and taste and doing it full throttle is a look and a statement. 


I'm a sucker for cushions and the eye catching colours at this particular one was fun to browse

My new lakeland design cushion 

I came home with a couple of small purchases.
I got a new cushion because I am a sucker for cushions. Good cushions aren't cheap. You can expect to pay up to $80 sometimes for something really beautiful so I always look for affordable cushions. I chose the spiral lace design above. I like cushions that have embroidered designs. The more textured the cushion is, the better.

I got the orange jar for my mini toothbrushes at home. Along with a regular toothbrush, I use a toothbrush with a mini head to get an extra close clean ( dental health is one of my number one priorities as I am deathly afraid of cavities ) The pheasant box I loved for the colour and I thought it would look really good on top of my wooden carved chest. I'm an avid coffee drinker so mugs are always a must have and I liked the colour. The beads were something new. I don't usually wear any jewellery but I'm kind of starting to get into it. They look fluoro in the photo but they're actually more of a jade green.

Also just a side note, the duvet cover is also new. I picked them up at HnM home which to be honest, is pretty good. They have all the basic stuff you want for your home in good colour ways and being HnM it's affordable and workable in most people's budgets. I've been to two antique places so my next visit will definitely be a new homewares or furnitures store. Thanks for visiting and see you in the next post!

New Duvet cover from HnM home, Orange glass jar, Pheasant design jewellery box, Beige coffee mug and a string of bright green beads 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy ;-)