Tuesday, January 30, 2018

SHOP VISIT : THOMAS & CO, TWENTY TWENTY ONE & AND AN ANNOUNCEMENT!


PATTERN LOVE! I love the power patterns have to incite excitement in us, literally. My heart really does skip just a bit faster when I look at all of these gorgeous bowls at Thomas & co 

Being a total impulse shopper, I was contemplating for five minutes about getting this silver lamp. Silver, ball-y lights are very Sterling Coopers office in Season 4 which is definitely a point of reference for me ( see photos below )

How good is this table? The lights, the colour scheme, the glass, the lucite... YES!

Beautiful Eileen gray-esque bar cart. Sparkly, Sparkly, Shiny, Shiny  

Thomas and Co was awesome and such an enjoyable browse for me because it was ECLECTIC.  They weren't afraid of colours, patterns and choosing more daring pieces which I'm absolutely all about. And on top of that, they were quite MCM and 70's inspired which is even better. I saw lots of pieces which I loved, including the very beautiful silver floor lamp which is just above that reminded me of something Roger Sterling would've had in his office. His office in Season 4 is a point of reference for me just like Saint Laurent by Bertrand Bonello. I love having these things to call my point of references because if people ask me what I like, I can just point them in that direction. Pithy, right? 


I love every single one of these pendant lamps! 

These black leather arm chairs are beauties and that silver stool is good enough to be an ornamental piece

These elegant table lamps would look stunning next to some black leather sofas or armchairs

Twenty Twenty one was going through a huge clear out sale so if you guys are after some really noteworthy glassware and ceramic pieces, then this is the place to go. The owner of the shop and I shared the similar story of not having a certfied design background but just having a keen interest in design and decor ( his specialty is glassware, was so caught up in conversation I forgot to ask for his name! ). He also shared a couple of his decorating stories including his love for dark colours in his home and having deep reds and even deep purples that basically resembles black on his walls at home. I'm glad somebody else shares my love for dark walls and isn't afraid of using colour! It's not to be feared, it's vibrant and has movement!

It's a 'form' circus right here 

How good is this lamp? 


There was an excess of gorgeous things for your shelf here. I found lots of vases, plates, soaps, candles and ceramics  ( all on sale ) that would've looked fantastic on any shelf. I felt inspired after I left Twenty twenty one to get working on my shelf game.

There's something so pleasing to the eye to see lots of plates and bowls stacked on to of each other, don't you feel? 

An assortment of beautiful things for ones table or shelf 

Really loved the square mirror hanging on the wall 

Beautiful ceramic mugs by Robert Gordon ( website HERE


I'm a colour lover, but no, you really can't beat the restrained grace that is muted tones and colours 


Afterwards I popped by to the Fabric Store on Brunswick street ( check'em out here ). If I thought that Tessuti ( blog post here ) had a great range of Liberty fabrics, then I had no idea what I was about witness at the fabric store! Look at the stunning-ness. You can't tell me you don't feel some elevation of joy just by looking at these beautiful designs?! These fabrics were for making swimwear which was evident by the sign but also after I felt the fabrics myself. Stretchy and perfect for the sea. If you're a good sewer and want some new bathers, this is such a good find for you!!! 



I bought a sample which was on sale ( $8 for half a meter, what a bargain!!! ) for my flat lay. I have a few good samples of fabric now which I think I might use for the inlay of my side table. It's nice to have something covering the wooden bottom just for that extra something, something.

And so here's the announcement. As of next week I'll be interning as an editorial and marketing assistant at Est living magazine which you can check out here. I'm super grateful for this position even as an internship thing because to be honest, even internships are a challenge to get these days. Companies treat their hiring process for them exactly the same as paying jobs and it's such a great opportunity to update my portfolio, skills and best of all, to CONTRIBUTE TO A DESIGN AND DECOR PUBLICATION! 😛 😛 😛

Watch this space for updates and possible work up on their website and online magazine as the weeks go by

-Y

Thomas & Co ( or Thomas Gannan ) 
214 Brunswick St
Fitzroy, Victoria
9416 1063


Twenty Twenty One
160 Johnston St, Fitzroy,
Victoria 

9417 6503

The Fabric Store

184 Brunswick St
Fitzroy, Victoria
9416 4455

2 comments:

  1. tell me you got that lamp!!!!!
    i needs a store like this in my town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, your town is FULL of stores like this and even better! If not, you're in the EU so every cool place would deliver. So jelly.

      Delete

Don't be shy ;-)