Friday, January 12, 2018

LUST LIST : Etsy


All items from Etsy : Rug Here, Silver Hands here, Cowhide Cushion here, Red Vase here, Branch Glass table here, Textured round cushion here 

Etsy is one of my favourite places to shop. They have everything... new items, vintage items, used items. And the range of styles are virtually limitless. I'm also impressed by some of the really rare items that they have too. Despite its similarity to Ebay in its selling and buying system, it's really not the same because of the culture and branding differences of both stores.

Ebay is like the pandora's box of online shopping. You never know what sort of thing you're going to find once you open its rumbling lid. But Etsy? You know it's most likely going to be something locally produced, vintage or 'niche'. The online environment feels completely different and I know that I'll be going back again and again to find that perfect something for myself whether it's in the homewares or clothing department.


Silver Table Lamp here, Hydrangeas from any local Flower shop, Beige vase here, Gold cake stand here, Leather Ottoman Here, Chinese vase stand here 

Here's this months lust list. I think I might make the 'lust list' a monthly thing, so here's the first one to cut the ribbon. I know what my style is but I'm struggling to sum it up in a pithy sentence or paragraph. I love prints, colour and drama as you all know. But beige and neutrals form a large part of my decorating values. I think it's good to have a mix of both, for sure. You kind of need to have both if you're into either.

I'm super drawn to moroccan and turkish style accents, particularly for rugs and textiles. I love the brightness and detail. If you follow PFF's instagram ( here ) , you'll be able to tell that mid century modern ( especially MCM Italian and French ) informs a lot of my taste. I like silver, gold MCM pieces whether that be decorative items or larger scale items like lighting and tables.


If you've seen Saint Laurent directed by Bertrand Bonello, then that movie is definitely what my taste is all about. HOW DO YOU DEFINE IT? It's like a mix of classic, MCM, French bourgeois with some seventies funk thrown in. I like marble, gold, silver, sculptural with old world accents and details plus flowers!


Like this is fabulous...


And so is this minus the gynaecologist chair. Coloured cushions? tick. Sculptural lighting? tick. Animal print? Tick ( I love animal print. In fact, if I had the home and the budget, a zebra print armchair is something I'd definitely invest in ) Something like this would be so good :



Wouldn't this look so good with a vase stand next to it in maybe gold trim with glass? I can also picture this with a square shaped vase, block coloured with red or pink flowers. 



That mirrored coffee table is amazing, I love it. Also a fire place is such a good decorating centrepiece where you can do so much. Just another reason to rent or buy an older property for the finer details newer homes lack.

What's in your lust list this month? What kinds of styles are you drawn to? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy ;-)