Sunday, December 24, 2017

BEECHWORTH & YACKANDANDAH

Loved the idyll setting of this house and the flower bush in front of it. This was right across the cottage my dad and I were staying in 

Some Australiana 

A shelf in " Beechworth Galleries " which is an antique / junk shop in the middle of town

An entire shop dedicated to Buddha and buddha related trinkets and goods in the neighbouring town of Yackandandah 

Carol & Carol Living in the middle of Beechworth township. Thank you so much to C&C for their permission in letting me take photos of their wonderful shop! 


Just got back today after my five day long trip away to Beechworth and Mansfield and I just want to say MERRY CHRISTMAS to all of you that are reading this! I hope you guys have a really well deserved break and an awesome New years and to pat yourself on the back for working so hard this year. I'm ready for a brand new year like all of you and have lots of secret plans and projects tucked into my head that I can't wait to unleash as I'm sure you guys do too.

So my trip to Mansfield and Beechworth was so great. It was literally just the perfect amount of time away and I got so much done in terms of mentally prepping for the year to come. I also just loved the experience of staying somewhere far away from home in the peaceful countryside which was amazing. For two days, I relaxed by the lake reading my book and just enjoying the scenery before heading into town. I found this amazing textiles shop with honestly some of the best patterns I've ever seen in my life. I also enjoyed some lovely local made Jam and home grown produce. This is the best thing about country towns, their produce is literally THE BEST. 



Beautiful shelves at Carol and Carol living. Loved the unifying colour schemes throughout and its beachy vibes 


' Eva's secret ' in the middle of Beechworth township. A really great shop with beautiful displays and VM'ing 


After my stay at Mansfield, I headed into Beechworth. This was an impromptu trip since it wasn't originally in the agenda. But my dad asked me if there were any other surrounding towns I'd like to check out and I remembered ages ago someone said that Beechworth had terrific boutiques and homewares. I wasn't disappointed. They really knew how to live in Beechworth. Fresh produce, amazing homewares, good textiles and locally produced goods. The ONLY thing I would say is that I just wished that there were more shops there for me to parouse around in 👀. I bought some last minute christmas gifts at this shop called Eva's secret which is the shop just above ( They have a shop here in Melbourne's Fitzroy as well ). 


Some lovely bookends at Beechworth Galleries


' Divine Linen ' in Beechworth 

Textiles Perve : Patterns for days at ' Divine Linen ' in Beechworth 

Loved that cabinet in the front window. I don't actually think it's a cabinet but some kind shrine 

Loved all the little road side shops with their fresh fruits, vegetables and locally made jams. H-E-A-V-E-N 

The pattern selection at the Mansfield textiles shop was AMAZING and the woman who worked there was so kind and allowed me to take as many photos as I wanted to as well 

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous 

I felt so rejuvenated being amongst nature. Just seeing it around me in the car on the way there managed to get me to relax and to re-wind after so much this year. I felt cleansed just enjoying the views of the mountains, open fields and forests which made up the landscape. I got to thinking about the different types of natural landscapes that I've seen throughout my life. From Europe to Japan and China and Australia. The differing colours, forms and shapes really define the place which they grow in. 

Had to stop by the side of the road to marvel at these amazing wild flowers. Who knew they could grow so beautifully without deliberate care? I guess mother nature gives the most love sometimes 

It felt amazing to be in nature again after a long, long time 


I feel happy to be back home again and to be able to be in my 'base' place to work on Paintings, Flowers and Furniture. Let's make 2018 a year of more paintings, more flowers and more furniture to marvel and enjoy. Once again, Merry Christmas and a Happy new year to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy ;-)